News & Events
Newsletter Headlines |
Lake Trout and the Tao of Research
- A Sea Grant graduate fellow talks about Siscowets, their ability to see prey in the dark and the way of research.
- Invasive Species: Time to Change Our Ways
- The Upper Midwest Invasive Species Conference 2014 made it clear that society needs to rethink invasive species management strategies and policies.
- Why Ditches Matter
- Roadside ditches require thought, maintenance and, believe it or not, your attention.
- Educators Ruffe it Up with Researchers
- To improve aquatic science literacy, 20 educators helped EPA/UMD researchers to collect invasive fish data.
- Lake Superior Fish at Their Finest
- It just keeps getting better! Oceanaire Seafood Room, Minneapolis, took top honors with a Lake Herring entree at this year's Taste of Lake Superior Fish Classic.
- Climate Intel: Diversifying to Cope with Climate Change
- Faced with increased climate variability and weather extremes, communities could fare better if they diversify crops, energy sources, etc
- New Project Looks at Risk, Response and Weather
- Minnesota Sea Grant is supporting a two-year study to examine the interplay between human and hydrological systems.
- Program Updates
- New to the Minnesota Sea Grant Office: Two awards and an Americorps volunteer.
- Bow Watch: Review, Report, Repeat
- Director Jeff Gunderson describes the ways Minnesota Sea Grant is evaluated and invites readers to share perspectives with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- Products and Publications
- Hot off the press: Truly Superior Fish note cards, the Field Guide for Maintaining Rural Roadside Ditches, and two journal articles about fish and foodwebs.
- Did Ja Know?
- Fish names, both common and scientific, change fairly regularly.
Upcoming Events |
- MN Sea Grant Director Candidate Seminars
- April 21, 2015; 1:30 p.m.
April 27, 2015; 11:30 a.m.
May 11, 2015; 10:30 a.m.
May 14, 2015; 2:00 p.m.
News Releases |
- 5 Earth Day Reads: Minnesota Sea Grant Staff Recommendations
- April 20, 2015
- Two Directors, Two Jeffs, Two Days
- April 1, 2015
- Two Teachers Make Waves with Aquatic Opportunities Provided by Sea Grant
- January 12, 2015
- Website Offers the Stories and Science Surrounding the St. Louis River Estuary
- January 8, 2015
- Seeking Applications: Minnesota Sea Grant College Program Director
- December 28, 2014
- Lake Superior Fish Go Graphic
- October 27, 2014
- Wildlife Forever Honors Sea Grant's Doug Jensen
- October 21, 2014
- From Judas Fish to Fires: Hundreds Gather to Discuss Techniques for Managing Invasive Species
- October 16, 2014
- Upper Midwesterners to Strategize About Invasive Species Management
- October 7, 2014
- Snail Joins Other Spineless Invaders of the St. Louis River Estuary
- September 25, 2014
- Research Leading to Protection of the Duluth-Superior Port Wins National Award
- September 15, 2014
- Keyler Receives Muskies, Inc. — Minnesota Sea Grant Scholarship
- June 26, 2014
- Open House to Highlight Chester Creek Future
- June 5, 2014
- Climate Change Challenges in Lake Superior Basin Create Full-Time Job
- April 3, 2014