Listening to the Lake
Listen to Lake Superior with Minnesota Sea Grant and KUMD
We’ve teamed up with the “best radio station in Minnesota” – KUMD, to produce Listening to the Lake. The show’s goal is to keep listeners in touch with what’s going on with one of the most beloved aspects of the local environment – Lake Superior. Science-based information is the focus of the series.
Every two weeks throughout the summer of 2005, KUMD (103.3 FM) broadcast the five to nine minute program. KUMD broadcasts from the University of Minnesota Duluth campus and is an independent public radio station offering a mix of community-based programs and jazz.
Show topics focused on metal corrosion in the harbor, coaster brook trout rehabilitation, stormwater runoff, and an educational Lake Superior boat trip.
- Listening to the Lake is also available as an Audio CD.
Subscribe to Podcast
Click to subscribe to the "Listening to the Lake" podcast or copy and paste the URL below into your podcast software: http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/podcast/lake.xml
- Stormwater Runoff (7:33)
- 9 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 9/7/05
- Shorelink Interpreter (5:13)
- 6 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 8/24/05
- Coaster Brook Trout (8:59)
- 10 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 8/10/05
- A View from the Lake Boat Trip (7:54)
- 9 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 7/13/05
- Harbor Corrosion (8:13)
- 9 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 6/29/05
- Sea Lamprey (9:15)
- 10 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 6/15/05
- Rip Currents (9:09)
- 10 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 6/1/05
- Beach Bacteria (8:00)
- 9 MB mp3 | Transcript | Aired 5/18/05