A Preventative System to Control the Spread of Invasive Species
AIS-HACCP is a self-inspection system for reducing the risk of spreading aquatic invasive species through aquaculture, hatchery, scientific, natural resource, and baitfish harvesting activities. This adaptable way to protect waterways from unwanted species was derived from HACCP methods required for the seafood industry and builds on Sea Grant’s success in assisting industry compliance.
Sea Grant’s collaborative AIS HACCP training workshops have resulted in more than 200 AIS-HACCP plans.
- Sea Grant Programs in Michigan, Illinois-Indiana, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
Training Curricula Materials
- AIS-HACCP Overview
- AIS-HACCP Training Manual
- AIS-HACCP Blank Forms and Worksheets
- Workshop Sample Agenda
- Workshop evaluation form
- A Field Guide to Fish Invaders of the Great Lakes Region
- From Net to Sale Video (22 min)
- Training manual (spiral bound book)
- From Net to Sale Video (VHS)
- AIS-HACCP CD-ROM
- The CD-ROM contains a comprehensive collection of AIS-HACCP training materials including the training manual, forms, sample agenda, From Net to Sale video plus additional videos, PowerPoint presentations, and other resources.